Fall proposals are simply fantastic! With vibrant fall colors, comfortable weather and festive autumn activities, it’s no wonder that this time of year is such a popular choice for getting engaged. If you’re planning on popping the question this fall and thinking of some incredible ways and ideas, we’ve got you covered!
For those seeking to propose in a public place, seek permission from the venue beforehand- nobody likes an unplanned proposal. This way, nothing can intrude on your magical moment!
Before we get to ideas, let’s first answer a couple of concerning questions related to fall proposals.
What Is The Most Romantic Way to Propose?
Depending on individual preferences, the most romantic way to propose can vary. However, some of the most common romantic gestures during a proposal include,
- Hang yours’s and your partners’ photos in a room and fill the room with candles. Get a big sheet of paper and write whether you will marry me in 10 different languages.
- Arrange a treasure hunt with clues leading to the final prize: you on one knee with the ring.
- Have a message in a bottle delivered to your partner or carved into the wood.
- Hire a skywriter to write your proposal in the air.
Keep in mind that what makes a proposal romantic is its intention and meaning. If you put your heart into planning the proposal and make it personal to your relationship, your partner will surely appreciate it no matter what!
What Is The Most Popular Month for Marriage Proposals?
The most popular month for marriage proposals is December! This is due to the festive season and holidays. October and September are also trendy months for proposals, making it an apparent reason to propose during this time of year. Other most common months are February, which stands for Valentine’s, and May.
What to Say while Proposing?
You could say many things while proposing, but some examples include expressing your love for the person, telling them what you love about them, confessing your desire to spend the rest of your life with them, or simply asking them to marry you! Some tips to keep in mind about proposal statements:
- Always sound like your sincere and authentic self. Now is not the time to joke around – be sincere! Avoid sounding overly scripted or rehearsed.
- Keep your emotional foot forward. This is an emotional moment, so let your emotions shine through!
- Make sure you look into the person’s eyes while talking. This will help create a connection and show that you are present in the moment.
- Listen to what the person says before responding. If they need a moment to process what is happening, that is perfectly normal. Just be patient and understanding.
- Say what you love about the person. This is an excellent opportunity to share the beautiful things you love about them.
- Be confident! This is a big moment, so it is okay to be a little nervous.
- Finally, the famous four words “Will you marry me?” And then present the ring!
10 Unique Proposal Ideas
1. Plan a scenic hike and propose at the top of a mountain or lookout point.
2. Get tickets to a local football game and spell “Marry Me?” in the stands.
3. Go for a horseback ride and propose in a secluded meadow or forest clearing.
4. Take a romantic stroll through a botanical garden and propose among the flowers.
5. Bring your partner on a hot air balloon ride and propose while floating above the autumn leaves.
6. Go for a romantic carriage ride through Central Park and propose in front of a Fountain.
7. Have a picnic in your backyard or nearby park and pop the question amidst the fall foliage.
8. Go apple picking and propose in an orchard full of trees in bloom.
9. Attend a Halloween party dressed as bride and groom and propose in front of all your friends.
10. Plan a romantic weekend getaway to a bed and breakfast in the countryside and propose during a scenic spot or wagon ride.
The 4 Trendiest Themes – Fall Proposals
1. Halloween Proposal Ideas
This is the perfect opportunity to get creative with your proposal! Here are some fun ideas to make your Halloween proposal spooktacular:
1. Get a jack-o-lantern and carve out “Marry Me?” inside. Then, put it in front of your partner’s house or workplace for them to find.
2. Go to a haunted house and propose in one of the scariest rooms!
3. Make a homemade Halloween card with a marriage proposal inside.
4. Go trick-or-treating together and have one of the kids you’re with “accidentally” drop their candy bag. Pull out the ring and propose when your partner bends down to help!5. Get a group of friends together and do a flash mob proposal in a public place, like a park or mall. Start by having everyone hold up signs that say “Will you marry me?” and then have your partner join you in the center for the big moment.
2. Apple Picking Fall Proposal Ideas
Apple picking is a popular fall activity and can make for a super romantic proposal! Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Go apple picking together and hide the ring in a particular apple that your partner picks.
2. Make a batch of homemade apple pies together and write “Marry Me?” in the crust of one of them.
3. Carve out “Marry Me?” in an Apple and set it in front of your partner with a note that says, “I’m the apple of your eye.”
4. Go to an apple orchard and have a picnic lunch underneath the trees. After lunch, propose!
5. Give your partner an apple with a special message, “Will you marry me?”
3. Thanksgiving Proposal ideas
Thanksgiving is the time of the year to give thanks and express your love and appreciation to your family and friends. Why not extend that to your partner as well? Here are some ideas on how to make your Thanksgiving proposal extra special:
1. Get a turkey carved out of cheese with “Marry Me?” written on it and put it on the Thanksgiving table.
2. Write “Marry Me?” in cranberry sauce on your partner’s plate.
3. During the family turkey wish, have everyone go around the table and say what they’re thankful for. When it’s your turn, say you’re thankful for your partner, and then get down on one knee and propose.
4. Hide the ring in a pumpkin and carve out “Marry Me?” around it. Put it on the front porch for your partner to find.
5. Make a gingerbread house together and put the ring inside with a note that says, “Will you marry me?”
4. Outdoor Fall Proposal Ideas
As mentioned above, outdoor proposal ideas are endless during the fall season! Here are a few more to get you inspired:
1. Go for a scenic hike and arrange a picnic lunch at the top of the trail. As you’re enjoying the view, propose!
2. Set up a romantic tent in your backyard and fill it with cozy blankets, pillows, and champagne. Invite your partner for a “camping” trip and propose once you’re inside the tent!
3. Go on a hayride together and propose at the end of the ride with a sign that says, “I’m glad I took this ride with you. Will you marry me?”
4. Visit a pumpkin patch and pick a couple of pumpkins together. Then, take them home and carve them out into jack-o-lanterns. Put a candle inside each one and set them in your front yard. After dark, invite your partner outside to see them. When they bend down to get a closer look, propose!
5. Go stargazing together and find a constellation that looks like a ring. Then, point it out to your partner and say, “Marry me, and we’ll always have this ring!”
5 steps to Plan the Perfect Fall Proposal
When planning the perfect proposal, you don’t have to wait until springtime. Fall is the perfect season to pop the question with all of the romantic autumnal activities and beautiful scenery. Here are five steps to ensure that your fall proposal is picture-perfect:
Step 1: Choose The Right Location
When considering where to propose, consider the type of person your partner is and what they would like. If someone loves being outdoors, then an outdoor proposal would be perfect. But if they prefer a more intimate setting, consider proposing at home or a restaurant.
Step 2: Pick The Perfect Date
While you may crave to propose on holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas, remember that these days can be hectic, and your partner may not be expecting a proposal. Instead, pick a day during the week when things are more relaxed. If you want to propose outdoors, check the weather forecast in advance!
Step 3: Choose The Right Ring
This is probably the most important step in planning a proposal! Take your time picking the perfect ring you know your partner will love. If you’re not sure what kind of ring to get, consult with a jeweler who can help you make the right choice.
Step 4: Write A Love Letter
One of the most romantic things you can do is write a love letter to your partner expressing your feelings for them. This will add a personal touch to your proposal they’ll never forget.
Step 5 – Plan The Perfect Speech
This is your opportunity to get down on one knee and say everything you’ve wanted to say to your partner. Keep it short, sweet, and to the point. Tell them how much you love them and why you want to spend the rest of your life with them. Then, end it with the all-important question: “Will you marry me?”
Now that you’ve read through these fall proposal ideas, it’s time to start planning your own! Remember the steps mentioned above and the best proposal style that would suit your partner. With some planning, you’ll surely pull off the perfect proposal they’ll remember forever. Good luck!